I am happy to share with you a link to a recorded session of a 75 minute presentation i did for STPCon in Phoenix, AZ in October 2013.
This presentation was one of many that I had with the conference, and it covered “Building a Sucessful Test Center of Excellence”.
I would love your feedback on this presentaiton and any inputs you have on it. But I hope it helps you in your testing roles.
The link can be found at the STP site below:
Thanks to all of my followers for keeping up with me on this site!
I have been so fortunate to be a speaker at two conferences in the last two weeks. I was in Chicago at QUEST2013 to speak on “Building a Successful Test Center of Excellence” on April 16-18, and at the time of this writing, I am in San Diego at STPCon (A Software Test Professionals conference), where I am speaking on multiple topics:
- “A Day In the Life of a Test Manager“
- Pre-Conference Workshop segment: “Test Metrics: A Case Study“
- “Gambling with your Test Estimates“
- “Building A Successful Test Center of Excellence“
I have been able to connect to some of the luminaries in the testing community these past two weeks, and to be part of their circles, communicate new ideas, share our thoughts on testing and the future of testing, and to think beyond the boundaries of imagination for what we can accomplish together…..well that is simply mind blasting!
So, to all the readers who are coming to this site – this may be your first time. You may have just heard me stand up and present to you for an hour or two. If so, hopefully you were impressed – not with my abilities at public speaking, my wit, my communication skills – but hopefully with the keen obviousness of the passion I have to help others grow and my ability to share, with everyone that I meet, something that they can take with them and use.
If you have attended my conference presentations, I would love to hear feedback and inputs. If you have not, keep looking… I may be coming to your town next!
In closing, I made a commitment to my conference attendees – and that was for two things on my blog by the first of next week:
- Links & Materials: A blog posting for sites and reading materials which can help every test professional grow and increase their knowledge in the real world. I plan to have this posting up so that you can have a one-stop location (my site!) to get you started on your vast travels through the world of testing.
- A Day In the Life of a Test Manager: I spent almost four months compiling data, interviewing test professionals and well known names in the field, creating a 50 question survey (that was taken by 275 people), compiling notes from blogs, linkedIn discussions, and other avenues, and created a presentation which was shared with the testing community on Tuesday, April 23. My presentation was 1 hour 15 mins, therefore, the immense amount of data that I had compiled for this research was much more than could be shared in that short amount of time. I shared highlights and touched on what is in the complete paper, and I plan to post a link on my site which will provide everyone the ability to get their hands on the detailed book of information that was gathered.
Please keep visiting the site. I plan to dedicate a lot of time to getting these two posts up in the next week. And I solicit your inputs and comments and request that you click the button to “Follow by Blog via Email“. You have no idea how much interaction with each of you excites me. It was my purpose in life to share with you things which can help both of us grow. Let’s grow together!