Happy Thanksgiving to all my blog followers! Through the past few years, my connections on this site, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other social media has grown so fast – consisting of family, friends, co-workers, new friends met in the testing world, leaders, speakers, and some folks who have decided to follow me (and make me feel like I’m someone important!)
In 2013, I am so thankful for:
- My family for supporting me all of my life & encouraging me, most importantly for understanding all the times I put into my career and my speaking/writing
- My long time friends – especially ones that have been there many years! I wouldn’t take anything for the times I had growing up. I met so many great friends – most of you are here on Facebook now!
- My church friends – thanks for welcoming our family in with open arms and for giving me so many opportunities to be part of it
- My new friends – who have became very close friends – my network of friends is growing so fast that it’s hard to believe sometimes.
- My co-workers – who make work fun instead of just a “job”. We’ve had ups and downs over the years, but after a long time, it feels good to love the work we are doing – and we’re just getting started on great things!
- My testing friends – I have learned so much from so many – and I hope that in the past few years I have been able to return the favor
- The publications and magazine folks – who gave me a change to write, even when I was not even known in testing and the literary world
- The conference folks – who gave me a chance to speak for them, especially to STP for giving me the opportunity to teach an all day course and most importantly on the opportunities that are coming in 2014!
I love the many quotes of Zig Ziglar, especially the ones around being grateful. He had a quote that said “Among the things you can give and still keep are: Your Word, Your Smile, and A Grateful Heart“.
I pray that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving – be grateful for what you have today and throughout. I’m thankful for each of you in my life and I look forward to what 2014 brings us!