November 28, 2013 by Mike Lyles
Happy Thanksgiving to all my blog followers! Through the past few years, my connections on this site, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other social media has grown so fast – consisting of family, friends, co-workers, new friends met in the testing world, leaders, speakers, and some folks who have decided to follow me (and make me feel like I’m someone important!)
In 2013, I am so thankful for:
- My family for supporting me all of my life & encouraging me, most importantly for understanding all the times I put into my career and my speaking/writing
- My long time friends – especially ones that have been there many years! I wouldn’t take anything for the times I had growing up. I met so many great friends – most of you are here on Facebook now!
- My church friends – thanks for welcoming our family in with open arms and for giving me so many opportunities to be part of it
- My new friends – who have became very close friends – my network of friends is growing so fast that it’s hard to believe sometimes.
- My co-workers – who make work fun instead of just a “job”. We’ve had ups and downs over the years, but after a long time, it feels good to love the work we are doing – and we’re just getting started on great things!
- My testing friends – I have learned so much from so many – and I hope that in the past few years I have been able to return the favor
- The publications and magazine folks – who gave me a change to write, even when I was not even known in testing and the literary world
- The conference folks – who gave me a chance to speak for them, especially to STP for giving me the opportunity to teach an all day course and most importantly on the opportunities that are coming in 2014!
I love the many quotes of Zig Ziglar, especially the ones around being grateful. He had a quote that said “Among the things you can give and still keep are: Your Word, Your Smile, and A Grateful Heart“.
I pray that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving – be grateful for what you have today and throughout. I’m thankful for each of you in my life and I look forward to what 2014 brings us!